Thursday, October 15, 2009

From Twitter 10-14-2009 (Temporal Tues. meeting Prof. Wendell Howe)


  • 18:10:55: Oh wow. My brain has been to full to even think about #TemporalTues. Well, maybe just one....
  • 18:11:51: #TemporalTues Set date and time to make it to @Wendel_Howe's birthday. I hope dress pants, long sleeve top and wrap sweater will fit fashion
  • 18:12:58: #TemporalTues Okay, maybe not birthday, but I'm not quite sure of the occasion. There's his office! Lots of glass windows....
  • 18:16:11: #TemporalTues I hope they don't have too many old janitor closets-turned offices! I need to get back in time for supper. Just a quick visit.
  • 18:16:40: #TemporalTues I ran into the janitor. He looked rather bored, but pointed me in the right direction.
  • 18:17:25: #TemporalTues Ah! People huddled around a tiny room, chatting with cups of tea in hand. Found it!
  • 18:18:24: #TemporalTues I'm actually giddy! I feel like I'm about to meet rock star!
  • 18:18:53: (wow, my grammar is awful right now. I must be really tired...)
  • 18:19:57: #TemporalTues Eeee! There he is at his desk. And he's pouring the tea himself! What a gentleman! Squeezing through the crowd to get to him
  • 18:27:49: #TemporalTues OH MY GOSH! @Wendell_Howe is awesome! Seemed quite pleased I had joined him from the past. Had to add cream & sugar 2 my tea
  • 18:29:36: #TemporalTues @Wendell_Howe and I chatted for a while, mostly him telling me a/b future. I kept wondering if he was going to interview me...
  • 18:54:14: #TemporalTues That was AWESOME. I need to visit the future more often! Hope I'll have a chance to chat with you more, @Wendell_Howe!
  • 18:57:14: @scablander HEE! Are you Prof. Howe's alter-ego? Awesome! More than happy to oblige!
  • 18:59:23: #TemporalTues Highlights of convo w/ @Wendell_Howe. He told me people still listened to the Beatles & Tolkien was cannonized.
  • 19:00:37: #TemporalTues He also told me that no one remembered Twilight or Lady Gaga or Ugg Boots anymore. Just temporal anthropologists do.
  • 19:01:53: #TemporalTues But people still pilgrimage to visit big exhibits on Elvis and Michael Jackson, whose original homes are long gone.
  • 19:03:08: #TemporalTues I also had him do me a favor: send a friend of mine a letter from the future. That will blow my friend's mind! ^_^ So much fun
  • 19:03:35: @Wendell_Howe Ah, yes, it did end up being your birthday. I wasn't sure :D
  • 19:08:30: Book Byte Blog: Chris Carlton Brown & book Hoppergrass http://twurl.nl/24c1le
  • 19:18:27: @Wendell_Howe Well, it was at least a cozy number 12-15! I won't tell anyone! ^_^
  • 21:39:33: #TemporalTuesday Took a quick jaunt back to @Wendell_Howe 's tea party. Very small group, black currant tea, scones, lovely conversation
  • 21:41:23: @puelladocta #TemporalTues Apparently overshot the tea party by a few months! >.< But two tea parties in one night, how lovely!
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com

2 comments:

  1. I say, it looks like I will have a bang up birthday party next year. There was tea, so it will have to be good, right? I'm so glad you could...erm, will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's confusing referring to things in the future that already happened...Do you ever get confused?

    ReplyDelete